I have some exciting news to share!
For those following me on Twitter (@MishkaAlarcon) you’ve already heard—I am now writing for two great organizations.
I am the new contributing writer for Lean In Canada which is “a community of professional women empowering each other to build purposeful and fulfilling careers”. Inspired by Sheryl Sandberg’s book by the same name, Lean In aims to inspire and support professional women from a variety of industries. Both the book and the organization have played an important role in my life.
So far, I’ve written two articles and looking forward to writing more:
- Being a follower is just as important as being a leader
- Discovering your edgeness™ & living a fulfilled life
I am also a contributing writer for VIV | People not Pixels which is a lifestyle blog and soon to be released dating app, helping singles “remember the moments between people and not pixels.” The site offers some great dating, food, relationship and fashion advice.
Here are a few articles, I’ve written to-date:
- What to pack for a romantic picnic
- The best men’s accessories to amp up your outfit
- 5 things you should know when dating a fit woman
- Toronto’s hottest coffee shops to perk you up
- Get your game on—the best rec activities for a date
- Toronto’s hottest ice cream shops to cool you down
These new opportunities were not planned but came from a year filled with networking events, meeting interesting people, writing regularly and being open to new ideas.
Thank you to those who have been part of this amazing journey who have given me an opportunity to share my thoughts through writing! I’m motivated to keep going and trying new things. I can’t wait to find out what’s around the corner.
Special thanks to: Marilyn Cresswell, Despina Zanganas, Sarah Kwan, Yasmin Lasry, and Adrian Kostic along with the entire Lean In and VIV team.