To celebrate this Sunday’s Super Bowl, I was inspired to make a Super Poke Bowl. Full of flavor, textures and ingredients this is an easy to make and healthy alternative to game day food. The most important ingredient is sushi-grade tuna. Make sure to purchase your fish from a reputable supplier. I also use a combination of brown, wild and long grain rice for a nuttier texture versus the traditional white rice. Ingredients and amounts are suggestions and can be customized to your liking.
Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 1 cup pre-cooked rice
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 radishes, sliced in rounds
- ½ small cucumber, sliced in rounds
- 2 tbsp. carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp. kimchi (optional)
- 1 tbsp. edamame
- 2 ½ oz. of sushi grade tuna
- 2 tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 lime, squeezed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp. sriracha sauce (depending on your spice tolerance)
- 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- ½ green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp wasabi peas
- Dash of everything bagel seasoning
- Sprinkle of roasted seaweed
- In a small bowl combine tamari sauce, lime juice, ginger and garlic. Cut tuna in cubes and place in tamari mixture and let stand in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, start with a layer of rice, scoop your tuna and place on one side of your bowl on top of the rice. Add radishes, cucumber along the side of your bowl. Add the remaining ingredients: carrots, kimchi, and edamame.
- With a spoon, drizzle your spicy mayo and add the topics.