This dish was served at Nicaragua’s Aqua Wellness Resort. It features a nice blend of sweetness from the spiralized squash and the cheesy cream from the cashews. A mild flavour, this is best served on a bed of arugula. To learn more about Nicaragua and see some photos click here.
RECIPE + INGREDIENTS
Serves 4 – 6
- 1 butternut squash
Use a spiralizer to make the “pasta”. To cook, microwave for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
For cashew alfredo cream sauce:
- 1 ¼ cups raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cashew milk
- Hemp seeds
- Soak cashews in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain cashews and place in a blender.
- Add arrowroot, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, pepper and milk to the blender. Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Place cream mixture in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk. If mixture is too thick, add more milk. Also, adjust flavoring to your liking by adding more salt or pepper.
- After 5 minutes pour cream over the spiralized squash and incorporate. Place a small handful of arugula on the serving plate and place the pasta and cream on top. Add garnishes and serve.