“You get what you are, not what you want.” – Les Brown
I originally wrote this as a 2017 wishlist, but wishes are nice to haves. My goals are not nice to haves they are NEED to haves. Instead, I decided to write out a list of my guiding principles which will help me focus on what is important.
So here goes:
- Transform negative self talk into one of kindness, compassion and patience.
- Embrace setbacks as stepping stones to achieving success.
- Never settle for second best. You deserve better than that.
- Think in abundance. Don’t think about what you’re lacking, instead think about what you’re grateful for.
- “Do what is right, not what is easy.”- Unknown
- Focus on your goals and stop looking for validation.
- Celebrate every achievement regardless of how small or insignificant you think they are.
- Work tirelessly towards your goals because success doesn’t just happen, it is achieved through intentional habits.
- And dream big! Everything is achievable.
With a positive mindset, focus and a lot of grit, I’m hoping to make 2017 my greatest year yet.
Happy New Year!